We interview Cece about how her experience at the Renew Breakup Bootcamp Wellness Retreat empowered her to become the CEO of her own life again.
1. What was your story before you experienced Breakup Bootcamp, and how did your story change after?
I went into Renew with the thought that I would get some guidance. I needed to end a three year “non-relationship” with someone that had been clear that he did not want a traditional relationship from day one. However, as I went through Bootcamp, I actually found myself processing my divorce from the father of my children eight years ago. The story of that relationship changed when I was able to remove all the fictional guilt I had put on myself and saw the years passed for what they were. The experience was very liberating!
2. What did you learn from that heartbreak?
I learned that I am a very strong woman. I always had been in the past, but I was able to give myself permission to be that person again.
3. What are red flags and/or deal breakers for you that you know not to ignore in the future?
Any narcissistic traits, lack of communication and not wanting to be a team player. Renew taught me that I am the CEO of my own life and that has become one of my favorite analogies.
4. What was your experience with Renew? How did you go into it and how did you leave differently?
I loved Renew! I was nervous and not sure what to expect initially. However, in a way, it’s great to not know the magnitude of all the information shared. It was so perfectly powerful, and I left feeling empowered as a woman.
5. What do you do to practice self-compassion and love?
I learned so many great tools to show self-compassion. One of the greatest lessons was that an emotion scientifically only lasts 90 seconds, and that we can recognize a feeling but choose self love. Make the choice to not dwell on the negative. We can choose to empower ourselves instead of losing ourselves in a fantasy where we give our power away.
6. Knowing what you know now, what would you tell another person who’s going through the same thing?
Take an honest look at your story and remove all the fiction. Be super clear with the red flags, and take back your power.
7. What is your updated belief?
I am a strong woman and will find someone that is going to add to my self made happiness.
8. If you’ve read Breakup Bootcamp, can you share a quote that resonated with you and why?
I read Breakup Bootcamp before Renew, and I loved it! It was spot on in so many ways. My favorite quote is that “there is no such thing as failure in love. Relationships end, but they don’t fail. Love is only a failure when you don’t learn and you don’t try”.
Whether you are someone who has recently had a breakup or you’ve experienced past heartache that has not fully healed, Renew can help you rewire the heart so you can move forward in a healthy way, making space for new beginnings and new love.
You owe it to yourself to get more information on Renew, the retreat experience that will leave you empowered and renewed.